Admin Quick Start Guide
This resource is a collection of step by step guides for IMPACT OSS website administrators, complemented by an introductory chapter for an overview of features and basic concepts. IMPACT OSS, the Open Source Software (OSS) for Integrated Management and Planning of Actions (IMPACT), was created to assist States with coordinating and monitoring implementation of human rights and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (also see History).
It is split into 3 parts:
The first chapter contains the following sections that explain the features and basic concepts of IMPACT OSS:
- >> Features: an overview of features
- >> Navigation: an introduction to IMPACT OSS navigation concepts
- >> Managing content: a few notes on how to manage content in IMPACT OSS
2. Quick start guides: step-by-step instructions
The main chapter of this document contains a selection of step-by-step instructions, guiding for website administrators through some important use cases:
- >> Users: invite & promote: how to get additional users on board
- >> Recommendations: enter & cluster: how to enter & cluster UN recommendations
- >> Action: enter & link : how to enter Government actions and link them with UN recommendations
- >> Explore: filter, group & sort: the different options for viewing the implementation plan of actions
- >> Batch edit: update multiple: how to update multiple Government actions and UN recommendations at once
- >> Import: create multiple: how to create multiple Government actions and UN recommendations at once
3. Additional information
The final part provides some additional information, in particular:
- >> User roles: the different user roles and their privileges
This guide is aimed at admin users only that are tasked with editing the content or overseeing content editing. It complements the full IMPACT OSS User Manual that describes the application in more detail and also includes guidance for public audiences (also see User roles).
This guide is largely based on the simple "Rights only" demo configuration that can be found here demo-rights.impactoss.org
The IMPACT OSS project and documentation is maintained by the Impact Open Source Software Trust. This guide and the setup of the "Rights only" demo site was kindly supported by the Universal Rights Group Geneva and the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Singapore, Geneva.
For more information on the history of IMPACT OSS please take a look at History.